Ayurveda, a natural system of medicine, originated in India more than 3,000 years ago. The term Ayurveda is derived from the Sanskrit words ayur (life) and veda (science or knowledge). Thus, Ayurveda translates to knowledge of life.
PANCHAKARMA (Ayurvedic Post/Pre-treatment procedure)
Panchakarma is the specialized treatment methodology used for normalizing affected Dosha-Vatha, Pitham, Kabam of patients.
- Completely purifies the body.
- Riddance of toxins.
- Speeding up the metabolism.
- Reducing weight.
- Enhancing the strength of digestive fire.
- Opening up of blocked channels.
- Relaxing the mind and body.
- Rejuvenation of tissues.
SHIRODHARA (Ayurvedic relaxant therapy)
Shirodhara (Shiro-dar-a) is a unique, blissful therapy that balances and stabilizes the mind. To receive Shirodhara, the client lies down upon a therapy table with their eyes covered. Next, specially prepared warm herbal oil is poured in a thin steady stream directly onto the forehead and sixth chakra. Shirodhara purifies the mind, alleviates anxiety, reduces headaches and expands awareness.
Warm and gentle heat of steam bath relaxes your body. It melts away the extra fats. It soothes tensed and strained muscles, cleans dirt from body and keeps the complexion fresh as well as invigorating. It provides sound sleep at night.
Naturopathy is the Art and Science of living and the Non-invasive unique drugless system where the person’s self-healing is promoted to recover or cure from diseased condition of the one’s body and mind. It removes root cause of the disease on treatment aspect and also works on preventive aspect to prevent the occurrence of disease. Here the Pancha-Maha bhuthas are used to treat or prevent disease. the treatments are Hip bath, Spinal bath, Mud bath, Plantain leaf bath, Acupuncture, Reflexology.
Basic principles of Naturopathy
- The body heals itself
- The accumulation of the morbid matters cause the disease.
- The acute disease in itself is the remedial process.
- Germs don’t cause disease but found in diseased condition.
- Food is the building material but does not increase the vitality.
- Fasting doesn’t cure the disease but create the environment to heal
- Exercise or physical activities keep the balance between nutrition and drainage.
- The patient’s own wish to get well, determination and faith in nature healing power play important role in healing process